Skippers Canyon Discovery Tour
- A personalised service for 4 people maximum
- Duration 4 hours return
- Accommodation pick up drop off
- Experienced driver / guide
- Refreshments included
- Gold panning
- Luxury transport option
Take the narrow road through the rugged historic landscape of Skippers Canyon, a road carved from rock cliffs and terraces. The Shotover River was one of the richest gold bearing rivers in the world, now only gold mining relics remain to tell the stories of hardship experienced in this unique environment.
Visit the Mount Aurum homestead and restored Skippers school. Step back into a bygone era as you view historic buildings, hear the amazing stories, feel and appreciate the encounters of men driven by riches.
- Departure time: 8.30am, 1.30pm
- Duration: half day 4 hours
- Minimum 2 pax required
- Options : High Country Tour in the afternoon
Cost : Adult: NZ $220 (minimum 2 adults)
Private rate: NZ $285
Child: NZ $110 (child 4 – 15 years, not suitable for infants)
(Credit card processing charges apply for online bookings)
Day tour Option:
Skippers Canyon Heritage Tour
Start the day with a later hotel pick up and visit Skippers Canyon avoiding the half day tour rush.
We make time to take walks, marvel at the past gold mining stories and appreciate the Shotover Canyon scenes and then sit back to enjoy a private picnic lunch at Macleans Reserve.
- Small groups 2-4 pax
- Duration 6 – 7 hours
- Picnic lunch and refreshments ( Part of picnic lunch included )
- Personalised service to your interests
- Gold panning
- Departure time: 9.00am pick up at your Hotel, Return approx: 4 pm.
- Bring sun cream, hat, insect repellant & an adventurous spirit.
|Cost : NZ$420 pp (minimum 2 adults), Child NZ$240 traveling with 2 adults|
Please call to book : 0274 727972