- 4WD Landrover 6 people maximum, or Toyota Landcruiser 4 people.
- Duration 4 hours return, 2 pm departures.
- Accommodation pick up drop off Queenstown or by arrangement.
- Experienced driver / guide
- Refreshments included
- Gold panning on request
- Direct bookings online or phone
Take the narrow road through the rugged historic landscape of Skippers Canyon, a road carved from rock cliffs and terraces. The Shotover River was one of the richest gold bearing rivers in the world, now only gold mining relics remain to tell the stories of hardship experienced in this unique environment.
Visit the Mount Aurum homestead and restored Skippers school. Step back into a bygone era as you view historic buildings, hear the amazing stories, feel and appreciate the encounters of men driven by riches.