Private Discovery Tours Terms & Conditions
We operate all days except Christmas day with a minimum number of 2 Pax.
1. Child Policy
- 0-4 years no charge, 5-15 years child rates apply.
- Child rates where not stated are 40% of Adult rate.
2. Cancellation Policy
- Private Discovery Tours reserves the right to cancel a tour due to circumstances beyond our control, in such cases any deposit or full payment will be refunded including a transaction processing charge.
- For tours cancelled by clients more than 48 hours prior to departure time, there will be a full refund less a transaction processing fee charged back to card holders.
- For tours cancelled by clients within 48 hours prior to departure time, or in the case of a ‘no show’, there is no refund. Private Discovery Tours will charge the person concerned the full price as quoted.
Refunds will only be issued through the original booking office, and will incur processing charges for on line bookings and credit card transactions.
4. Booking Confirmations
To secure a booking Credit card details may be required. Where requested we charge a 20% deposit before email confirmation with the balance due on the tour day. Note credit card charges apply or you can book online and receive instant confirmation.
All and any information provided to Private Discovery Tours will be treated with strict confidentiality. No information will be passed on further than the original booking, except in case of emergency, for example, missing persons details will be given to the appropriate authorities for search and rescue purposes.
6. Loss & Damages
No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage to client’s personal property whilst on any trip.
7. Limitation of Liability
- Private Discovery Tours accepts no liability for any act or omission arising from a tour (including any arising from a tour not taking place) and the passenger releases, waives and holds harmless Private Discovery Tours, its officers and/or its employees from all claims, losses, damages or expenses which arise during or in conjunction with a tour provided by Private Discovery Tours. This includes any claims for damage caused by negligence of Private Discovery Tours, its officers and/or its employees, and includes any claim for any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claims, losses, damages or expenses whether valid or not.
- Private Discovery Tours does not accept any liability for the acts, omissions, or default whether negligent or otherwise of those companies or other persons providing services in connection with a tour by Private Discovery Tours.
- Without limiting the above, Private Discovery Tours shall be under no obligation or liability to any person as a result of any inaccuracy, inaccurate description or changes to any tour made by Private Discovery Tours or any other party.
The guest indemnifies Private Discovery Tours, its officers and/or its employees against all claims, losses, damages or expenses (including any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any claims, losses, damages or expenses whether valid or not) that he or she or their executors, administrators, next of kin, successors or assignees may have or assert for any claims, losses, damages or expenses whether valid or not.
9. Acts of God
Private Discovery Tours has no liability for losses or additional expenses incurred by passengers due to sickness, weather, strikes, delays or changes in air or other transport services, force majeure, Act of God, or other causes outside the control of Private Discovery Tours.
10. Statutory Protections – New Zealand Law
These terms and conditions are to be read subject to the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986 and do not affect the customer’s rights as expressed in the Acts.