We have just recently put together a multi day PRIVATE TOUR for some visitors to Queenstown that incorporates the very best of the area.
If you have any special requests we can assist you to make it happen, believe me we have some unusual special interests making it all happen and run smoothly is our job. You sit back and relax.
Day1: High Country Discovery Tour
* Travel to Glenorchy region 45 minutes
* A Truly New Zealand Outback Station Experience.
Come away from the crowds and immerse yourself on a 4WD experience like no other.
Private Discovery Tours has exclusive access to Mount Earnslaw Station, a fully operational sheep and cattle farm.
The best – kept secret in the Glenorchy area. Reaching an altitude of 1300 feet you will be captivated by the scenic views.
* Refreshments up 4WD trail on Mt Alfred
* Movie sights that may interest LOTR sights including Isengard and the Ithilien Camp.
* Arcadia Homestead Paradise Valley, native beech forest walk.
* Lunch in Glenorchy or return to Queenstown
Afternoon suggested itinerary
* Oxenbridge Tunnel Skippers Canyon Gold mining history
* Coronet Peak lookout on Skippers Canyon Road.
* Summit lookout point into Skippers canyon road.
* Lighthouse Rock Skippers Road
* Arrowtown view Chinese Village, stroll through the heritage main street of Arrowtown.
* Visit Gibbston Valley Cheesery and Vineyard
* Bungey Bridge and Bungey Dome
Day 2: Catlins Discovery Tour
Coastal wilderness, wildlife & walks
Discover the best kept secrets of the untamed Catlins coastal wilderness on a one day tour. Pounding surf and windswept
beaches create a special microclimate for magnificent marine wildlife: hooker sea lions, New Zealand fur seals, yellow-eyed penguins
and hardy Southern Sea’s seabirds. Departing Queenstown, the Catlins Discovery Tour includes wildlife viewing, bush and beach walks,
historical site visits, refreshments, lunch and return trip.
Sights visited include:
# Nugget Point
# Surat or Cannibal Bay
# Lake Wilkie Bush walk
# Purakanui Falls.
Day 3: Milford Sound Discovery Tour: Glaciers, Rainforests, Waterfalls and Wildlife.
We begin your excursion to Milford Sound a world heritage destination by traveling via the southern end of Lake Wakatipu to Te Anau.
Productive northern Southland farmland with sheep cattle and deer line our route to Te Anau. After refreshments we enter the Fiordland
National Park and the Eglinton Valley stopping at the Mirror Lakes boardwalk, Knobs Flat, The Divide, Monkey Creek and enter the Homer
Tunnel traveling 1.2 km through to the Cleddau Valley. Our last stop before Milford is The Chasm viewing the 22m deep ravine carved by the Cleddau River.
At Milford Sound we take a 1.5 hour nature cruise on the fiord, enjoy your time aboard viewing wildlife and the majestic scenery, lunch is available aboard.
# Experienced driver guide with cultural, historical and geographic anecdotes.
# Toyota Landcruiser Air con, leather seats.
* Includes Airport transfers
We can provide other local or multi day tours out of the region, enquire now with Private Discovery Tours ph +64 3 4422299 or visit www.privatediscoverytours.co.nz for the numerous Private Tour options that we can provide to make your visit to this region the ultimate experience.